My PaddleTail Newt

S

safeer

right i got a little question which is puzlling me i bought 2 paddletail newts from the shop ones big ones small aim not sure about male or female there not eating properly or am not seeing them when they eat but the big one is real slow and likes to curl around the no fishing sign and doesnt move when i pick it up to clean the tank it doesnt run away but the small one runs as fast as it can ans struggles when i hold it and its shedding skin but only bits of it i read it might have an illness when it does this whats the matter with it am tottaly confuzed, theres a pond up the road and i seen loads of newts is it a good idea to rob one, i mean take one for myself. ive seen loads of em all diffrent kinds, if its an idea i can take up shuold i be looking for a diffrent spieces say a rare one, am in the uk manchester to be precice can you name eny rare ones that might live in the pond down the road thanks menny ail be looking forward to your replys thats bye

In the future, please use punctuation in your posts! It is also helpful to spell out your questions, 1, 2, 3. If you want good answers, you need to take the time to ask proper questions.

If you do have any "rare" frogs, please do not capture them! Also, please do not mix any frogs together with your newts.

How long have you had the paddletails? Please check here to verify the species (sometimes warty newts are sold as paddletails):
http://www.caudata.org/cc/articles/firebelly.shtml

oh no these are paddle tails definatly i checked ive had them for 3 days.

All newts and salamanders in the UK are protected. catching or disturbing them is illegal!

All newts and salamanders in the UK are protected. catching or disturbing them is illegal!
The word robbing is quite accurate.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back