Filtration question

P

peter

I am well used to keeping fish and cater for their filtration needs. I used foam filters which are driven by airpumps. I know fish are not put off from breeding by the noise from these type of filters, what I would like to know is when keeping newts in an aquatic enviroment does these type of filter disturb them and inhibit breeding

I have these filters in some of my tanks and have not experienced any problems.

Hi Ian,
thanks for that, I will put some foam filters in my breeding tanks (will cut down on the multiple water changes
happy.gif

Peter

I don't use the foam filters, but I have used a lot of corner filters, which are driven by bubbles from an airstone. This certainly did not appear to inhibit breeding. These filters have the added advantage of not producing any heat.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back