Baby taricha!!

J

jens

I was outside and my girlfriend found a baby taricha. She wants to keep it. We have an adult one now named mango, what foods can we feed the baby and is it ok to put it in the same tank with mango?

First, your baby taricha might be carrying germs. Quarantine it for a month at least to be sure it's healthy and eating properly.
Second, Mango is probably in a mostly aquatic setup. Your baby taricha may still need several years of terrestrial time before returning to the water. If it is young, it may even drown.

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly! What setup is the necessary environment for this juvenile and what can we feed it? and yes mango is mostly aquatic and we have had him since june 06.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back