I have a bit of a problem

ryan

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Ryan
I put some blackworms in my tank (to many) and they are lost in the gravel. I tried to get them but I really can't, what should I do?

I had the same problem with a couple of lost earthworms but then saw my paddletails chowing down on them an hour later. Is it possible that your newts will dig for them? I can't think of what else to do besides using a vacuum to suck them up out of their hiding place.

Just let them live in there. As long as there aren't a ton of them, they're harmless and may be an occasional snack for your mudpuppy.

Thanks so much, and thanks for noticing i have a mudpuppy. I probably should have said that I have one in this thread.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back