Is the tank in the right spot??!!

G

gergify

Hi all. I have a ten gallon tank down in my basement. (my bro. keeps fish down there too. he has a several thousand gallon indoor pond, a hundred gallon salt water, a 55 gallon fresh water, and a bunch of other smaller tanks full of stuff.) I have a floresent light over my newt's tank that i turn on, but is it all right to keep him in my basement with no sunlight? I don't think my paraents will like it if i bring it upstairs.

I think it is alright to have no sunlight. I dont have sunlight with my newts as well. And Sunlight is too difficult for you to control anyway, when it got too strong, it might be harmful and stressful for newts. Since Newts prefer to have cool and shaded area.

But I will suggest that you use a timer for your light. So that you have a stable light cycle.

I agree. Many newt enthusiasts keep newts in the basement to keep them cooler.

I have my newt in my bedroom... but i have heat turned really low. although it is winter.. and i am practicly frezing to keep my newt alive.. just got him yesterday trying to get him not so stressed.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back