A home for Pachytriton

A

annmarie

I was wondering if anyone had good designs for a habitat for a single Pachytriton. I want to give my guy a better home (with some live plants like my other animal houses) and I was wondering sort of habitat and set up the creative Pachytriton owners have. Pictures would be great. I will not rip off your ideas, I just want to get a better Idea for settingup a nice habitat, not a plasticland of shimmering toys. Any advice reguarding a nice habitat would be great. It doesnt have to consist of plants native to where he lives just ones that would thrive in his little glass rectangular world. Ideal sizes for a single newt house and what other inhabitants can be kept with Mr. Pachytriton is also useful information. I do not concider mixing fish with him nor other amphibians.

Thanks!

i have five in a 3 foot tank which seem to break all the rules for paddle tails, they never fight or show any aggression. they have a well planted tank , i use elodea,and plenty of hiding places. i feed earth worms and frozen blood worm and they get on just fine. the only other inmates are some large pond snails ,they lay eggs but the young never get very big ...if you know what i mean..the snails that is.

Thanks! It it intersting that all 5 are non-agressive.
mine seem to enjoy the company of shrimps, but over time the shrimp slowly dissapper.

I am mostly interested on how planned patchy habbitats look and feel/ I pretty sure I know about care. so patchytriton habitat builders please share your habitat knowledge

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back