Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

SAVE MY NEWT!!!

J

jake

so about a month or 2 ago 1 of my 4 taricha granulosa became very lethargic, he stopped eating so i assumed he was sick and quarentined him, he later died. now another one is becoming lethargic and its skin is very smooth rather than the rough skin typical of t. granulosa, ive now quarentined that one, it also had about 1 millimeter of the tip of its tail cut off some how?

somebody help me save my newt!

J

jeff

What's the temperature in their enclosure?

We're gonna need as much information as you can give us.

(Message edited by tmarmoratus on June 13, 2006)

J

jake

its room temp but its been kept the same temp for about a year and a half now, but its too late, my newt passed last night
sad.gif

P

phoebe

Oh. I am so sorry. Poor guy, but not all can be saved
sad.gif

Check out your tank for possible illness signs.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1