Legos For Gray Tree Frogs

C

chris

Could you use Lego blocks in a setup for gray tree frogs? I will have all the corners protected so they won't hurt their stomachs. But I was just wondering if you could use them, if they were safe, and if they are reasonable.

Thank You

They will be okay as far as being toxic is concerned as we commonly use them in tropical marine tanks to keep octopuses amused and enriched... normally means building a lego house and the octopus learns to open doors to get food from inside...

what do you want to use it for in a frog tank?

here's a pic of 'Ink' the Octopus bimaculoides stealing a block...
17716.jpg

Either to make ledges or hiding spots or maybe even a little house.
biggrin.gif

well, as i said they are non-toxic as they are meant to be safe for kids putting them in their mouths and months of use hasnt caused any harm to cephalopods which are ultra sensitive to pollutants so i guess they will be okay for frogs... just a matter of taste now LOL

Hey colin, can you post more pics of the octopus and the legos? my coworker doesnt think they are real.

LOL okay,
I will need to try and find pics of octos breaking into LEGO houses to eat the crabs but here are some to start with...

18804.jpg

18805.jpg

18806.jpg

(Message edited by colin on July 29, 2004)

PS couldnt resist adding the 1st pic... its a fake
happy.gif

I wish i was that good at photoshop... why doesnt she beleive you??????? I just wish i still had pics of an octopus mauling darth maul action figure!okay, trying again...

In fact... here is a link to a search on tonmo for Lego references.. we wouldnt go to that extent to make it up... pay close attantion to threads by CORW314 as Carol has posted many pics
happy.gif

http://www.tonmo.com/phpBB/search.php?mode=results

Okay, that didnt work, but feel free to type lego in the search option.. it will get you there
happy.gif

Yeah, she still thinks they're all fake. She's a botanist.... urgh

Oh well,
sad.gif

you need to tell your botanist friend to remove her head from where ever it is that plants excrete solid waste from...
biggrin.gif

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back