C.O. Tank

J

joeri

My newest c.o. tank

44821.jpg

Nice! When I die, I want to be reincarnated as one of your newts, so I can live in this tank.
wink.gif

I like that tank. The fact that it looks similar to mine is purely coincidental!
wink.gif

The reason I'm attracted by it is that it goes along with my philosophy of keeping things simple. Just a couple of suggestions.

More plants, so less waterchanges (=simpler)?

Do you really need the substrate, or would it be easier to keep clean with a bare base (=simpler)?

Thank you for the nice comments.

I'm trying the substrate just for the looks. I know I move in January so it gives me just enough time to try this.
Also I'd like more plants as well, but I wanted to see how fast those 2 plants in the left background grow. They may take over that entire part in time (or thats what I hope
happy.gif
) And in the right background are 4 small cuttings of a plant that I know will grow bigger.
But if this all fails, I'll buy extra's.

Btw: tanksize= 80cmx30cmx40cm and in it are at present 6 newts; 2 parents and 4 offspring (1.5 years old)

I dont know how quick most plants grow,but my java fern in my Noto tank is reproducing like crazy. I dont think I will ever have to buy plants again! BTW I like the sand,and I bet the C.O. like it too.

wow im loving this tank! the log with the moss on it is cool ......id go with jennifer on this....ill do the same when i die. haha

i love how the sand looks but doesnt it need to be cleaned?? when u do clean the tank do u change the sand??

Thank you. How do you use the siphon and where can i get one??

Yes, any pet store with aquariums. And any pet store employee should be able to explain and/or demonstrate how to use it.

Wow tank looks like mine also! I current have 3 plants in my 10g but im adding about 2-3 more to add more cover!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back