Verrucosus setup

J

juraj

not fully planted yet:
23593.jpg

23594.jpg

Very nice setup, Juraj. How many animals do you keep in there? By the way, I did not forget your text on P. hongkongensis and will hopefully get to it within the next two weeks.

Great set up!
Stones fixed with silicone I suppose?
wink.gif

Is there any filter?

Hi Triton,
yes a lot of silicone and there is no filter. I don`t use any filters in newt tanks at all.

Good looking and functional setup.
Just wondering; did you place moss on the rocks directly or is there any hidden substrate in between?

Nice setup!
How does one keep a setup like this clean?

(Message edited by jesper on September 29, 2004)

Hi Joeri
there is a substrate under moss and between the the rocks and the substrate is polyethylene foil hidden. Jesper , I do 50% water change twice a month including detritus removal. That`s all.

one question jorge,
the rocks glued to the tank behind as the background...whered you get the rocks and what glue or bond are you using? im willing to try this out.

Khanh, part of your question is answered very clearly in the posts above: aquarium silicone (you can buy it at an pet shop). I suspect that the rocks are "wild caught"!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back