Necturus Setup

S

sean

Here is my recently completed setup for Necturus Maculosus. Although now I am unsure of the legality of me keeping one. Now I am considering a Greater Siren,Amphiuma, or maybe even Axolotls. I have never kept any of these so I dont know what my best bet would be. BTW this setup is a 55gal with 2 30-60 filters and live plants. I made a cave structure out of the large rocks and all of the gravel bed is rocks collected from a mountain stream in Tennessee.I have had this tank setup for about 2 weeks and I gaze at it at least once everyday even though nothing lives in it. It reminds me of the mountain streams that I love so much. The only further plans I have for it is more plants.Anybody have opinions on what would be the best species to live in the tank? Also, Anybody know a source for Sirens?+++ jpeg +++ 44238 +++ +++

(Message edited by spookynewt on September 30, 2005)

The image
44241.jpg

HEY! i seen that root tree thingy at petsmart today haha. but on the other hand i am really inspired about this tank. what kind of plants are those from left to right. that one in the back looks like moss or fern

Java moss,java fern,and cryptocorne. They are real and I have added some more(sword,unknown) plants to cover the background and intakes.Thanks for the complements.Both roots are from petsmwrt BTW and the rocks are from Tennessee Mountains.

Huh? The waters in there.Thats good clear Georgia spring water haha.And just for kicks here is some more pics a little more recent and detailed.
45440.jpg
45441.jpg
45442.jpg

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back