New FIRE Salamander Setup featuring LAWN (as promised.)

C

cataldo

<font color="0077aa">Hi, got the grass grown and just added the salamanders. I went with some live plants too. This is running a 25W + 15W lighting system.</font>

Cataldo

11672.jpg

11673.jpg

11674.jpg

11675.jpg

11676.jpg

WOWOW! That's beautiful! How often will you have to "mow the lawn" or are you not going to bother?

- Yav

thats really cool with the grass, ive never seen that be fore!

Nice! How did you get the grass to grow? how long did it take?

Just a suggestion . . . if you did want to use the PVC you could use a saw to cut the tubing in half (maybe even less than half, but enough so that you could see into the tube) and then put it up against the glass so you would view them when they went into their "burrow." Actually, I think I'll do that myself.

My god- brother did that with his and made a 'den' out of a box and they mated and had 2 or 3 babies I think. Cutting the pipe that touches the glass makes a cool observation area for you

Nice tank, how long till' the grass is like it is in the pic?

So...uh....who mows the lawn? lol its gonna be a jungle if you leave it growing lol

Heya,

This thread keeps not wanting to die, so I'm going to lock it.

The original poster was someone who has been disabled for violating this forum's principles.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back