Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Food Dish Example

P

pamela

I am posting this pic mainly for the food dish topic. There is also another food dish example in the Axolotl section under Baby Axie Tank Set-up. As you can see (or not see) this food dish is a section from an hors d' oeuvre, or chip dip tray. Since it is clear, it does not detract much from the ambience of the tank set-up. The axie dinner dish is nothing more than a leaf shaped plate.

The model is Buck, a Taricha granulosa, patiently awaiting his dinner.

Buck In Food Dish
16489471_570576460e.jpg

L

leanne

I have the same thing in my eastern newt tank---makes for an easy cleanup of uneaten bloodworms
frog.gif

W

william

Thanks for the idea i tried it out yesterday and work out great easy clean up and he is now more aware when i have put food in his tank.

P

pamela

So glad you all are enjoying Buck resting in his dinner plate! The dishes are really a big help, as you all have mentioned. Thanks

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1