Taricha G. Terrestrial Setup

D

dannie

A ten gallon tank...
32538.jpg

...and its inhabitants. ;]
32539.jpg
32540.jpg

They are -always- relatively close to one another. Never straying too far. Always using each other as a step... ;P

Heya Dannie,

Nice tank!
Some notes though:
1) Are there any hiding places for them? (There seems to be a hole under the log, but they do appreciate some place to feel safe in).
2) Be careful about the water quality of the small bowl. Amphibians are particularly sensitive to water quality.

T. granulosa often do well in an aquatic environment, so when you are in the mood to change, you should definitely consider moving them to an aquatic tank.

Otherwise, lovely animals.
happy.gif
Welcome to the Taricha family.

Thanks Pin-Pin! There is a hiding place under the log on the right, a nook inside the front of the left log or they will hide in the back left corner of the tank, where it's dark. I change the bowl of water each day as it is usually has some debris or poops in it. I was wondering...why don't they poop on the land area? That's basically all they use the water bowl for is to poop and when they shed their skin they start off in there.

Thanks for your comments, I was hoping to hear from you! ;D

I have no idea why, but you should be glad they poo in the water, easier clean up! Maybe thats why they do it, to help you out.
smile6.gif

My Taricha also goes into the water to poop. They're very helpful pets.
happy.gif

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back