Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Living World Products

D

dean

I purchased a medium sized plastic 3.3 Gallon(US) tank from a local pet store(UK), i use this as my quarantine. The tank is very handy and has a lid that flicks on and off and has small raised platforms at either side so that you can have shallow water and some ground, very good for newts and salamanders. The tank has a label with it and it reads :LIVING WORLD, SMALL PALS,
-SMALL ANIMALS-FISH-REPTILES-

I would highly recommend this companies products. I also purchased a small
"SMALL PALS PEN" which quotes "SUITABLE FOR TRANSPORT AND TEMPORARY HOUSING ONLY" this is useful for transportation. I shall post pictures and more information on request.

M

mark

Dean,
Are these plastic tanks your talking about a transparent blue colour and have a picture of 2 red-eyed tree frogs on the label?
If they are i have seen these tanks in every petshop i have been in.

D

dean

Yes, that is correct -
9936.jpg

9937.jpg

C

cataldo

I have two of those and feel they are too small for me. Not enough ventilation either. Personal opinion only and in the USA you can find the small ones at the dollar store chain.

0.57GBP How many do you want? I'll ship them to you at cost.

The large ones are about 8.51GBP here in the states.

How much are they in the UK?

Cataldo

D

dean

They are 4GBP to 15GBP depending on size
How would i get the money to you?
I am going to use the small ones for african dwarf frogs

(Message edited by newtboy on December 23, 2003)

D

dean

I got my dwarf frogs last night. A male and a female i hope for them to breed
happy.gif

S

s1ren

I love these containers - they make wonderful quarantine tanks for new acquisitions and rearing fish fry, and I store stuff in them when not in use (plastic plants, other small aquarium junk).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1