Japanese Maple?

J

joseph

Would a small one(kept small) be possible in a paludarium? Might be interesting for someone with a sizable tank keeping C. phyrrogaster or C. ensicauda...

It would need to be able to be kept dormant for several months or more or else it will not survive. Temperate trees need a cold dormant period.

Ed

Hmm...how cold would it need to go dormant? Maybe have it in a pot and remove it for dormancy?

It would need to be treated like a temperature bonsai tree. These are often kept in a very cold greenhouse (just above freezing) to keep from drying out or are planted pot and all in the ground in the fall to overwinter.

Ed

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back