Garden Plants

S

stipe

I dont know the exact species but this type of plant can actually grow roots and live in a vase full of water. So i was wondering if i washed it good and quaratined it would it live under water. THe thing i was wondering was that under water plants draw in nutrition a bit differently from soil/land dweling plants. I use both liquid, and tablet ferilizers and plus a CO2 reacter. Would the plant draw in the CO2 or not?
Also would it polute me tank?

Help would be nice, thx.

Hard to say, without knowing the name of the plant you're talking about.

Pothos Ivy (aka Devil's Ivy) is one common houseplant that can live and do just fine in only a vase of water - it's a vining or trailing plant. Is this what you're talking about?

I have cuttings of it in all of my tanks; and I always have - it grows just fine in newt tanks, without ANY fertilizer or anything. If you use Pothos, it should be fine on its own.

An interesting thing about Pothos is that its color will lighten and the light spots will increase, the more light you give it. Even Pothos with solid-green leaves will develop light spots in high light conditions (it's not a problem for the plant, just a perk!
happy.gif
)

Just be sure your lids are tight - my paddletail used to LOVE to climb the parts of the plant that stuck out of the water, and try to get out that way. Eventually, he made it...and died before I could locate him.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back