Slater(?) nest......

J

jesper

What can I say....these guys are so ugly that they apparently feel the need to cover up
lol.gif

26569.jpg

26570.jpg

26571.jpg

Ok so I am crappy at insects and crustaceans all right?
I do keep track of Daphnia and Copepods, that's about it!

Obviously this is a cannabis fly larvae, that's why it builds silly things..... and its not a fly larvae its a moth larvae really. This is why you should not do drugs children!

(Message edited by Jesper on November 17, 2004)

Regardless of the identification, your insect photos are fascinating, Jesper!

Thanks Jen that'll keep my insect/crustacean posting going for quite some time!

I'll work on the focus though, these were taken in 10 secs so they are not great but ok with that kind of effort I suppose.

I remember myself saying something about flooding and photos like 6 months ago....hehe
Well now I am starting to get the hang of it ;)

Soon you'll find me placing my newts in strange poses and taking shots
crazy.gif

Those are caddisfly larvae. Different species build cases out of different things. The ones that live in cases are herbivorous/detritivorous.

Some places actually use caddisflies to make a unique form of jewelry. By placing the larvae in a container with small, semi-precious stones, the caddisfly will make its case entirely out of these gems. After it sheds the case, it can be used for earrings, necklaces, etc.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back