Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Instant Blackworms?!

K

kellee

So the dish in which I usually put my newt's blackworms was completely dried up, and had been for a couple of days. There is always residue in the bottom, and it's gotten to the point where it -won't- come off, so I just don't bother. One night before I went to bed I added a little water to the empty dish and voila! the next day, there were -tons- of little blackworms in there. So, either I fed the little guy in my sleep, or blackworms are magic. Anyone know what might have happened here? Or has someone had this happen?

J

jennifer

When you say "little" do you mean really really tiny, or just the usual blackworm size? I think there may have been worms in there that weren't completely dried out (they huddle into a tight mass when they begin to dry out). Then they were OK when you added water. If that isn't it, then I'm stumped.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1