Pan Worms

F

foster

I recently picked up a container of "Pan Worms" (along with waxworms and new shoes) at my local Dicks Sporting Goods. The container states that they are good for trout fishing. They are much smaller than standard bait earthworms. I was wondering if anyone knows what they are exactly? My first guess would be one of the noxious redworm species however with the exception of one Echinotriton andersoni juvenile and a couple of Cynops e. popei juvies all of my other caudates seem to relish them (Tylototriton and Pachytriton). The small size makes them much easier to cut and feed to my smaller animals. Anyone else have experience with them?
Chip

Chip, that would be my guess as well.

If I get them, I cut them on a paper towel, and then rinse them. This seems to get rid of most of the foul fluids.

Thanks for the response Kaysie. I have been rinsing them anyway to clean off the soil from the container before feeding. In any case most of my animals seem to enjoy them so I will make them a regular part of the variety of food that I use.
Chip

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back