My property

justin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Display Name
justin slate
I have a few pictures I took today from around my house; keep in mind this was from maybe 5 of the acres and I live on 30. Camera quality isn't too bad BUT I really feel it's lacking.

38287.gif

[Apparently the img command doesnt work, and these files are too big to fit. Ah well, nothing amazing... just the area immediately around my house. Places I haven't photographed are more like what you would see in a statepark]

I've been actively looking for a month or so, but I've seen no Salamanders. I live about 30 minutes outside NYC. I'll gladly upload some pictures tomorrow morning after I hopefully grab some shots of: Local turtles, coyotes, deer, salamanders (fingers crossed), copperheads, etc.

I don't have any pictures of my wetland property yet, but I've yet to spot ANY newts/sals.

(Message edited by nate on June 26, 2005)

Justin: lovely Rana photo. We ask that you do not post links, only photos. The rules for this are clearly stated on the photo gallery page:

<font color="ff0000">January 2004: Please do not post links. This is a photo gallery only. Use the imagelink command to show photos on other sites - see bottom of page.

Please only display photos that you own or have permission to use.

Please include the species name in the topic you create and tell us something about the animal(s) in the photo(s).

Images should be kept below 1024 pixels wide x 1024 pixels tall, preferably smaller unless warranted.

Files that are over 250 kilobytes in file size will be refused.</font>

Please feel free to resize your photos and post again, but I will be deleting the links you posted shortly.

thanks!

Ah yes, the frog: Rana clamitans melanota

38344.gif

38345.gif

38346.gif

38347.gif

38348.gif

I have more pictures of the more "wild" parts of my property BUT I'm missing my USB cable. Heh, I combed through three (temporarily) dry streambeds today.... found about 200 mussels and no sals.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back