New newt enclosures

F

filipe

Hi there,

It's been quite a long time since the last time I posted any message. Nevertheless I've continued to keep newts and this week I just remodeled some of the tanks.

Hope you enjoy it! Any thoughts, advice or sugestion greatly appreciated.

Filipe Martinho
Portugal

37293.jpg

37294.jpg

37295.jpg

olá
it is very good for having a Portuguese here that it likes amphibians
happy.gif

happy.gif

beijos
Patricia

If you point on the photo`s and wait a while the names come in the screen. Under your arrow.

Hi Ana,

What a nice surprise to find another portuguese in this forum (actually you're the first one I find to enjoy amphibians
crazy.gif
).

What species do you keep?

Beijos

Filipe

Benjamin,

I thought that the species name would appear next to the pictures- sorry for the mistake.

So, in order (from top to bottom) we have Cynops orientalis, Tylototriton verrucosus and Triturus dobrogicus.

Cheers,

Filipe

Ana & Filipe

It's always nice to see friends from Portugal on this forum.

Keep it coming
Cumprimentos!

Yep, It's also good to hear from "nuestros hermanos" from Spain
happy.gif

Filipe

Olá Filipe!
therefore it is a good surprise
happy.gif
the first one u find to enjoy amphibians ki bom
happy.gif

i have Cynops orientalis,Tylototryton verrucosus,Golden albino and White albino axolotls.
but my verrucosus had been sick and now so I have one.

beijos
Ana

Hi Rubén!
It is very good for finding Portuguese yes.
it is good for seeing that I am not only the crazy one for amphibians
in Portugal

regards
Ana

Hi Ana,

I think I'm a little bit more crazy than you... Currently I keep Cynops orientalis (trio), Triturus dobrogicus (2), Tylototriton verrucosus (2) and Paramesotriton fuzhongensis (1). I also keep a couple of african dwar frogs (Hymenochirus boettgeri), an Iguana and a soft-shelled turtle. So, as you can see, my house looks like a zoo.
crazy.gif

I also had a couple of triturs carnifex until a month ago but, as I learned the bad way, they proved to be escape artists. Also, This year one of my P. fuzhongensis died with an infected wound in one of his legs (as you can see from the many posts here, infected wounds seems to be one of the most common newt's disease) which I was unable to treat.

Where did you get your newts? In Lisbon?

Cheers,

Filipe

Hi Filipe,
I also had four carnifex. mine they had run away but I always found
happy.gif
but they had died without I to know reason.
my verrucosus died with an infected too, but i save my gorduxa hehehe she eats a lot.I gave banns to she of permanganato de potassio she was good.
I bought verrucosus in Lisbon in a petshop.the others had come of Spain
happy.gif

and u get yours?

beijo
Ana

Hi Ana

I also got my newts from a petshop in Lisbon (although I wouldn't like to make publicity, probably the same where you bought yours... around Benfica perhaps?).

Cheers

Filipe

Hello Filipe,
by chance not. already i know where it is this,much time that i don´t go there! i am to lose things!! but i bought mine close to the estrela.(i think)

best regards
Ana

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back