Lissotriton vulgaris

kevin

Reaction score
Country
Wales
This one I catch`d in the wild. And took some photo`s of it. And set it back in the wild again.
35649.jpg

35650.jpg

35651.jpg

35652.jpg
35653.jpg

This photos I took home in my Pleuro Setup.

You're taking big chances my friend. Introduicing a native species with pleuro's and then placing them back in the wild. Fingers crossed they didn't catch a disease now.

It's better to take pictures in the wild and release them immediatly. God knows what stress only can do to do these animals. I don't know about Holland, but here they are endangered species. In my opinion you should be more careful with them.

Joeri

@joeri: you're right. In Holland all the native Amphibians and Reptiles are protected by law. It's not allowed to catch them or to keep them in captivity.

I know that. And my Pleuro also take worms from outside so I thought to do A Lissotriton in there habitat. For taking some pictures and release them quikly. I`ve also do some stuff in the water. To be more sure that nothing could be happen. And they are endsangered but if you want to try to make pictures of it you can do that in my opinion. And I`ve done that only with that male because it is a very beautival male.

Just because you introduce your pleuro's to foreign bacteria doesn't mean you have to introduce a native species to the bacteria your pleuro's carry.

A human example would be bacteria and viruses that were introduced by spanish colonists which caused wide spread disease in the native american population in the 17th and 18th century.

Ester

and also just because it is your opinion that you can do it, it doesn't mean that it is legal

Good idea, Kevin. To make your fauna box photos look even better you may use leaves, branches or any other stuff from the newts' natural surroundings. I heard that professional photographers often do this.
Also let your fauna box dry thoroughly between trips to different locations. Might be even best to expose it to direct sunlight for drying as this will take care of a lot of germs.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back