13149.jpg

Cristatus (3 incher)
13150.jpg

Cristatus (slightly smaller sibling)
13151.jpg

And might as well follow Nate's and Jen's lead. Aquatic Strauchii
13152.jpg

nice pics david please can you tell me what camera you used cheers justin

It's an older Sony Mavica FD94 camera. It has good telephoto, but isn't much in the pixel department

Very nice pics, Dave!
I will put up a review of the 4Mpix olypus c-4000 zoom with supermacro as fast as I receive it and have a chance to use it, hopefully at the end of the next week. Judging from the reviews and awards it has gotten it is the best supermacro in the 4Mpix class. Now, John and his Nikon-follwers
wink.gif
is going to protest and say that Nikon 4500 is at least as good....
My answer to that is:
Well give me a ring when the Nikon 4500 reach a price of 200 euro - than it might be able to compete!

(Message edited by jesper on March 14, 2004)

I must say that you certainly squeeze the maximum out of that camera Dave!

Nice pics Dave, looks like the cristatus will be morphing soon.
Do you have any more pics of your N.strauchii?

Thanks Dave,
Do you keep them aquatic all year round or just in breeding season?

Nice!!! I love that first pic especially! Looks a bit like an alien
ufo.gif

The cristatus are morphing out at about 3 to 3 and 1/2 inches (7 1/2 to 9 centemeters)

13654.jpg

13655.jpg

adorable.
by the way - do you plan on trading/selling your marmoratus ever?

Dave, how did you get them so big before morphing? Did they stay larvae more than 3 months? What did you feed them? My karelinii never reach more than 2 inches before morph.

NO Jen,the eggs were laid Christmas Night. They took about 10 to 14 days to start hatching, so they're probably about 2 months old. BBS Daphnia, and live black worms

<font color="ff6000">Aquatic Strauchii ?? Do they take well to a water environment? I thought they stayed on land ? I'd Better find new information.</font>

(Message edited by bethnewt on March 24, 2004)

You get the cristatus morphing at about 3 inches and the montandoni is lucky to be an inch. I guess it's time foe springtails and pinhead crickets

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back