Cynops cyanurus

P

paul

Here two more pictures of my Cynops cyanurus female.
The yellow cheek spot:
8190.jpg

The color of cloaca and tail:
8191.jpg

Paul

The tail on that gal almost looks like a paddletail. Besides the cheek spot, I wonder if tail shape is a characteristic that distinguishes cyanurus from other Cynops species...

Hi,

today one of my C. cyanurus female presented this defence behaviour:
14035.jpg

14036.jpg

Greetings Paul

Hi Tim,

I never before observed such a behaviour.
The situation:
Last year I kept them in a tank in my newt room, with a lamp.
Then I put them in basement for the winter – only small window, 10 °C.
One week ago they came in a tank in my garden. Here they changed their behaviour complete.
The whole day I could not see them, but in the evening they came out of their hiding place.
Water temperature climbed within one week from 5 to 10 and yesterday up to 17 °C. So I took one of the female out of hiding place and at once it showed such a posture for approximate 10 minutes.

Paul

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back