Turned his head. Sorry...

7416.jpg

Nice pic Juraj.
happy.gif

this is a great species that you dont see much of, but i got a question for ya,
do you breed them?

Mark

Hi Mark,

I don`t breed them so far, rather I bred them first time this year . Adults are wild caught. I want to raise captive bred generation and breed them regularly. There is still a pretty numerous population close to my house so I`ll get no problems what to do with tons of offsprings.
wink.gif

What an amazing newt! Fabulous and just totally outta this world!
ufo.gif

Hello Juraj,
I came from Germany and I also keep and breed Triturus dobrogicus(and others) from different sources.In the moment I´m looking from spezies from Slovak Repuplic and habitats in the east.When you have interest in changing or selling, please send me an e-mail.
(bimbo@herbert-computer.de)

Regards
Andreas Hofmann

I do sell or trade captive bred T.dobrogicus.
My e-mail is marc1971@12move.nl
My name is marc from Holland.
well andreas,some of your dobrogicus came from me... :)

Nice to meet you Marc
I do have t.dobrogicus as well. Could you tell us the genetic origin of you t.dobrogicus. Any pic of breeding males? Nice to see.
Best wishes
Yago

My dobro's are from the Hungarian site of neusiedler, at the right of Sopron.
They look like the male on the picture above, but have less white spots on the lateral sides.
I breed them every year, but unfortunately i never have pictures published on internet, but i will try and post them soon,there is a quite yellow male already in breeding condition
are you sure you don't bite ??
M@rc

well yago, i don't get any reply....
I hope you didn't
smile9.gif
yourself ???
I won't share that with you, but the news about dobrogicus i will.
take care,
M@rc

Hi Marc
I could byte some girls…haha
You have a great sense of humour! Haha
Sorry for my late replay but I have a hell of work.
Keep me post. I hope to have more free time some day! Haha
Best wishes
Yago

i am busy with taking some pictures of my dobrogicus with courtship behaviour, i hope they will be nice and that i manage to put it on caudata.org.
kiss.gif

M@rc

I have not been able to make some pictures, but Kei Majima told me he had made some pictures of his dobrogicus who are actually captive bred specimens by me, so it gives an idea how the juveniles look like.

<font color="ff0000">Post edited due to the attempted spread of a virus by the poster.</font>

(Message edited by john on March 08, 2004)

Well, we have dealt with the problem and everything is ok. Marc had inadvertently picked up a minor virus and didn't know that it had been added to this thread instead of his photo. I'm glad to say that we talked and it has been resolved. I'm sorry to Marc for perhaps a little over-reaction on my part.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back