Temperature

M

mark

I have a question about verrucosus and temperature, I was wondering what the best temperature is for the winterperiod. I'm keeping them at the moment at a temperature of 16 C in the water and about 12 at the land, is this ok for the winter, or is it to cold? Because if I want to breed them it is best to give them a cold period, isn't it?

Greetings Mark

That's fine. Regarding giving them a cold period, I would say it's advisable but not absolutely necessary. I always keep mine in the teens Celsius (usually later in the teens though) in the winter.

Hi
What a surprise,....
My personal opinion is to offer my newts a period, where they can cool down and which should be important to regenerate their whole organism.
When they reduce feeding for a longer period without doing worse, you found(in my opinion) the best temperature.Other opinions are existing,
as we all know,.....

By the way: The teens are between 10 and 20?
What´s the name for the lower numbers?

Why don´t you want to answer my mail, John?
Philipp

P.S: A friend of mine told Mr.Fleck, who wrote an article about breeding kweichowensis some years ago, that his Animals are still eating around 9°C,
while the article said that 15°C are less enough for them to stop eating,.....
Fleck changed his temperatures, as i was told.

(Message edited by grundtner on November 23, 2003)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back