Cool C. orientalis colour variant

B

benjamin

Here's a picture of my second biggest larvae, 1.7 cm, not only is it one of the oldest and largest but it is also unique in its colouration, it is a very light brown, quite diferent from the dark black of its siblings. In this picture it has a slight reddish tint because it's eaten some blood worms.

30004.jpg

Here are its siblings, both pictures were taken with the same light source.

30005.jpg

In that young phase I had many differences in coloration, but in the end they all turned out black. If he morfs and still stays brown, then you may speak of something rare.
wink.gif

Yep! my babies that young are all different colors.. I think they change color all the time too.. Sometimes i count 5 light grey ones and sometimes theres only one or two.

Well that particular newt managed to kill most of the siblings who it was housed with so it had to be separated. Its colour remains unchanged, but I think it will eventually change.

Hi Ben.

Yes, it's often the case that most larvae as very dark but some are light.

Good luck with them!

(Message edited by TJ on March 04, 2005)

Half of my larvae are like that. I have 13 right now. The largest is the light coloration. Is it true that if they eat bloodworms their bellies turn red? If so, then they are all eating great.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back