Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Some shots (C. pyrrhogaster. C. ensicauda)

H

henk

29575.jpg

29576.jpg

29577.jpg

J

joeri

Nice pictures Henk.
Is the 2nd down up also pyrrogaster or did it get lost in here? I guess the others are, I don't know much about other species aside orientalis ;)

How many do you have there? Got a feeling I see at least two pyrro's and than that mistery newt (to me).

H

henk

Well the middle picture is a young Cynops ensicauda ( I only got 2) the others are all pyrrhogaster

H

henk

Yeah he's quite strange and he holds all types of abnormal coloration ... even orange patterns on it's tail. Nevertheless he's not as shy as the others so I can make great shots of him.

J

joeri

Maybe the newts were planning on redecorating the tank untill he tumbled over (and in) the paint they bought?
biggrin.gif

TJ

Reaction score
I also love that blue nose, Henk
biggrin.gif

Here's one of my pyrrhogaster from today:

30426.jpg

H

henk

Well your's not to ad either. I handpciked the blue onsed one out of a masive import now almost 5 years ago. In de Koi shop there was a large plastic pool filled with over 1.000 salamanders and I controlled all of them picking out quite some nice ones. I still hold a collection of about 80 different belly shots on this species (on slide)and alot of the animals found a home with a salamander keeper instead of a pond (tat's what they were sold for : to install in a pond overhere !!!)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1