Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Breeding Salamandra salamandra

S

stefan

Hi all,
just want to present you my 2006 Salamandra.s. gigliolii offspring.
I am proud managing to bred them this year.
Hope you enjoy

53318.jpg

And here you can see their parents:
http://www.amphibien-net.de/gallery/album33

Greetings,
Stefan

(Message edited by SiLL on February 07, 2006)

S

stefan

"...proud to manage breeding them..." sounds better, doesn`t it? ;):D
Greetz, Stefan

R

rené

Hi Stefan!

I want to congratulate you for breeding these nice salamanders, too! I'm proud to know a friend who was able to breed them as fast as you did! If I will have some more space in the next time, I would really love to take some.

René

S

stefan

Hi Francesco, there is a link under the larvae-picture where you can see the parents
happy.gif

53419.jpg

53420.jpg

53421.jpg

53422.jpg

(Message edited by sill on February 08, 2006)

K

kyle

Absolutely stunning! Good luck on the successful upbringing of the larva. Looks like quite the handful.

S

stefan

Thanks Kyle, till now there are 53 larvae out of the female pictured above, that is quite a handful i think :D

F

francesco

sorry I didn't notice the link.
How did you keep them in order to breed? (temps, housing, ecc.)
Cheers

K

kieron

Nice animals
Good job on breeding them
and looks like you are going to be busy for a while
wink.gif

S

stefan

With 50 larvae it starts getting hard work, kieron but I`m looking forward to see them grow and finally metamorphose. For me gigliolii is still one of the prettiest salamandras I have ever seen! ;) :D

P

philip

beautiful animals. how large is the female? my terrestris is 7 1/2 inches and only had 27 young but she was so large i thought she would burst! your animals are stunning colours, imay have to get some of these

C

christian

I am very interested in a picture of the tank you're keeping them in.

Christian

S

stefan

Philip: My gigliolii female is 7,3 inches long (18,5 cm)
Christian: My tanks look very simple. For larvipar salamanders i have foam with a huge layer moss on it and bark-pieces for hiding.

C

christian

Die salamanders sind echt wunderbar / Those salamanders are really good looking.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1