Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Salamandra salamandra gigliolii

R

rubén

Found making a trekking around the central Apennines in september.

( finally I didn't eat it )

50143.jpg

50144.jpg

50145.jpg

50146.jpg

50147.jpg

50148.jpg

F

francesco

I can understand your expression. There's always something magic about finding a salamandra walking in the woods
wink.gif
I can't really describe it but who's experienced it can understand me. No matter how many you've found or what subspecies it's always the same!

K

kamil

Hi,

yes - I can understand it too, but I've never found a Salamandra on day by now. Here we have an old park with a castle. It lays in the "Salamander-Valley" where through the Salamanderbrook flows... Lovely animals there. Especially because here meets Salamandra salamandra salamandra with S. s. terrestris
happy.gif

Best Greetings,

Kami

S

sergé

I have met the same subspecies at daytime as well, actually it was Frank Pasmans who found three in a row and me none
biggrin.gif
. But the face is the same whoever finds it...

U

uwe

Hi,

I found actually in August animals of the same subspecies walking around a brook during daytime.

They look the same as your gigliolii, which means not the high yellow of St. Bruno.

Uwe

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1