Tuberkel Salamandra salamandra terrestris

P

paul

Today I had a walk in the "Bergisches Land" by Solingen (not Solling). Here I found this large S.s. terrestris male:
40960.jpg

Look at it's front leg. Here you can see something like a wart - nearly 1 cm.
40961.jpg

But it seemed healthy. Here it's belly.
40962.jpg

Paul

Hi Paul,

nice to see again Photos here from you! This is really a handsome guy
smile.gif

I assume, the "wart" may be either the rest of a deformation built in fetal development, or, more likely, the result of a regeneration process after an injury.
Really interesting to see...

Regards, Ingo

Today again I visited this nice countryside. After running two hours up and down the hills I found a Salamandra salamandra terrestris in metamorphosis - just left the water.
41227.jpg

41228.jpg

I put it on the moss
41229.jpg

Here I saw, that this little guy starts his live on land with only three and a half legs
41230.jpg

Here the brook
41231.jpg

Paul

the waart looks like it could be a toe which would go in with the regeneration theory maybe it lost a leg as a larvae
mark

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back