HW <i>Hynobius (leechii) quelpartensis</i>

H

henk

THey are close to breeding, the chin of the males are white and the females are well fat... gravid with eggs. Here are some shots already

30059.jpg

30060.jpg

30061.jpg

Nice pictures Henk. Have your dunni taken to water yet? The ones I got from you are still terrestrial, but at least one has a very white chin...
Chris

Well so you have an active male ... my animals are not yet active, they will be when I start refreshing the water and cleaning up the tank a bit (planned for next week).
Greetings,

Should I replace the moss as well as water changes then?
Chris

Water changes are a general thrive. If the moss still ooks ok, I should leave it. But I think your animals might need one more year before they will breed Chris .. what is their size now ??

The three larger ones are between 3,5 and 5 inches now, and all three have lost their juvenile 'flecking'
Chris

Well you have done real well then.. with a bit of luck they may breed since my (older) adults are maybe a little larger but I have actually bred with them at that length...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back