Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Music of the Andrias genome

TJ

Reaction score
Ed, there is in fact going to be a presentation on this very subject at the upcoming 44th annual meeting of the Herpetological Society of Japan, set to be held in the northern city of Sendai on Nov. 12-13.

If you have any Japanese academician or zoo contacts, perhaps you could contact them and have them record it for you or pick you up a CD, which I guess will be available there for sale to the conference participants. If you don't know anybody who'll be going, perhaps I could ask somebody I know. I'll probably be too busy to go myself, though I did make it to last year's meeting in Kyoto.

The presenters include Ikuo Miura of Hiroshima University's Institute for Amphibian Biology, and (at least it seems) pianist Trevayne Fernandez of the Australian Music Examination Board. Also some people from Hiroshima's Asa Zoological Park and Hiroshima high students who were involved in the DNA decoding project (See: http://web-japan.org/kidsweb/news/05-03/ssh.html). Contact me directly if you need Miura's e-mail address
wink.gif

E

edward

Hey Tim,
Thanks for the information. I want to try and get a copy of the Andrias music.

Ed

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1