Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Ebay auction for Siren

N

nate

LOL...probably not. Arkansas does not allow for the sale of native amphibs.

J

jennifer

Ebay prohibits sales of animals, with few exceptions. If you are an ebay member and want to report illegal sales of animals, here is the page you need:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/wildlife.html
There is a link at the bottom for reporting it.

I have previously tattled on someone selling newts, and the auction was yanked the next day. Lets hope for a similar response this time.

K

kaysie

is it even possible to feed a lesser siren to a bullfrog?

(Message edited by kaysie on February 01, 2004)

D

duo

that guy contacted me wanting to know if i wanted to buy any for pets

P

pin-pin

I reported it too, but the link still works after 2 days??! Ebay hasn't taken it off yet.
pirate.gif

I tried searching on-line for Arkansas law which specifically prohibits sale of native amphibians (even as bait!
violent.gif
), but couldn't find it. Does anyone have a good link?

I figure one more day, then try calling the Fish and Wildlife people to go harass Ebay.

J

jennifer

This auction is still up.
violent.gif
Anyone find out any information about Arkansas law?

P

pin-pin

well, the Ark. Fish and Wildlife didn't return my call and I didn't have the time to harass them more. The good thing is that the auction is over and no one bid.
happy.gif

C

cataldo

10.00? and I can keep them for 14 days without obligation, wow. I can't wait LOL.

I counted 14 MISSPELLED words in the body text alone, is this person american or really too YOUNG for an eBay account, or just plain....well... you know..

Cataldo

R

robert

Just wanted to say "Hi" and put in my two cents.I am really flattered that this whole page seems to be about me.And it is interesting to see how many of you that I have sold to speaking out.The reason you could not find where it states that it is not legal to sell sirens in Arkansas is because(and I am sorry to inform you) there is no such law.Besides I raise my own.I started out with wild caught,and after several generations and a lot of hard work (and according to arkansas laws)they are no longer concidered wild caught but captive breed.I can tell their gender.But why should I just give away what has taken up so much of my time and work.You see I love these creatures.I want other people to be able to enjoy their beauty like I have.Didn't you see my pic's?Do they look like they were taken by someone who does not appreciate everything about them.You can not sell pets on ebay.I found they only way I could think of to let the world know about these creatures.The people who bought them from me(and you know who you are)bought them as pets.They cost too much to use as a fishing bait.So thank you for closing the auction.I know your really glad you got yours before it closed.Now you can be the only ones to own one.Well that's what you thought because I'm still breeding and I,m still selling.For those of you who have been unable to locate my ads,you may e-mail me directly with your orders.Don't worry all orders are completely confidential.I also have three toed amphiumas there is a waiting list for them so get your place now.Thank you,And have a great day!Pioneer

K

kaysie

YOU'RE A MORON (and you can't spell, and this is completely unethical, and you're a moron, among other things).

J

john

He's been banned from Caudata.org. I think some people have a lot of cheek.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!