Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Ambystoma gracile moprhing

J

jeff

I have 2 of my little guys left, they are morphing a little slower then the other 2 that got relocated. These 2 I may keep, as one seems to be very light colored and smaller, and the other just has personality.

I was wondering why the fact sheet on cc was so blank... I suppose there are other resources such as amphibiaweb. One thing I have noticed, is that they get very shy and skittish after morphing.

Heres a picture http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/Jeffnewtboy/LONGSN.jpg

I see paris has raised some of these, as well as pam, anyone else have any advice? They love the blackworms and setup btw, more pictures to come

J

jeff

Just a quick update, the final 2 I still have, one morphed and he is good, but one did not morph is getting huge and doing amazing in his tank. I added even more plants, duckweed, and wood and it looks great in there. blackworms are really making this guy freindly, he is now trained to take food from a baster. About the size of a young axolotl and not slowing down at all. I hope the he(I think he) stays neotenic for a long time still. I do plan on getting some pictures when I get the camera back.

D

dane

that would be so cool if it does stay neotenic, best of luck

(Message edited by dane_zu on October 13, 2006)

J

jeff

72062.jpg

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!