Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Annulatum morphs eating

P

paris

im trying out the school cam i borrowed, so here are some shots of them eating/checking out the menu items.....hopefully better pics to come once i get the hang of this cam
38671.jpg

38672.jpg

P

paris

the smallest of them-the one i never saw eat-died, so now i have 7, but i have seen all of the rest them attempt to eat, some have difficulty with a worm piece on the substrate but will take it eventually when handed to them on forceps, they seem to need glasses cause their aim is off. so far though i few are known to be really good eaters-esp the big one who morphed first and is out sizing the others, but the rest of them seem to have a good chance. i might try raising waxworms so i can have small stuff that is known for its tastyness-some will approach a worm chunk but when it touches their nose they shake their heads back and forth and wont try to eat again for a while.

J

jennifer

Dave, this is the first time I've seen these offered for sale. They look awesome. This may be worth mentioning as a separate thread in the Live Foods section.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!