Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Photos of western long toes

P

paris

here are some recent shots
38955.jpg

38956.jpg

38957.jpg

38958.jpg

H

henk

Hai Paris, this is one of my preferate ambystoma species.. but this year they didn't breed (the first time in 6 years). Mine do not have such a solid yellow line. Which subspecies should this be ??

P

paris

i dont know that one henk-can you post a photo for reference or do you have collection data (that would be best to ID them)....what do you do to get yours to breed? what size set up do they breed in?

H

henk

Well I keep mine close to freezing for the winter (dark) then when spring pops up (around january/fe/march) they are setup in a tank which very high humidity and water. I kept 5 in a tank of 60 by 40 which did well, but I am using those stones / buidling bricks with isolation holes in which they hide.

They were again succesfully bred through a friend of mine (who has offspring of mine) so we are (both) currently at F2.

Mine are form the Portland, Oregon region and are nominate subspecies (A. m. macrodactylum).

T

travis

Paris,
I believe you have A.m. krausei. I know Russ collected quite a few metamorph's awhile back and I thought you got some of them.
Travis

P

paris

nah- i didnt get them from russ, but i can see if the person i got them from did

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!