Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

A annulatum new morph pics

P

paris

here are some shots of my new morphs -these are notorious for being extremely picky eaters post metamorphosis (but they were pigs pre morphing!)
36734.jpg

here is a shot of my first morph, about 3 weeks post morphing now-the adult pattern is beginning to emerge
36735.jpg

and here is a shot of 3 of them together....they look suspicious.....i think they are talking about me....
uhoh.gif

36736.jpg

P

paul

LOL- Cool. The last pic's label is hilarious!.:)
(or the wording above it)
-Paul

W

william

very nice, how long does it take for them to get their adult colours? they have to be one of my favourite ambystoma species!

P

paris

will,
dunno-these are my first. i am told they are very difficult to get eating post morphing-very small worms being about all they like, the worm chunks i put in seem to dissappear but im not keeping them on white paper so i cant see for sure that they are eating. i have seen one snap at a worm chunk in front of me but it was a half hearted effort.

P

paris

forgot to answer this one, i have 8, 7 have morphed one is nearing morphing, these are from WC eggs, to this day no one i know of has CB them. they are tricky after metamorphosis-it appears they will wait a while before eating, my best eaters are the older ones with the patterns more expressed, they dont like crickets so far, worm chunks being the item on the menu.

J

john

Paris, I've kept one annulatum in the past and never saw feeding on anything but earthworms. I'm also a bit surprised you've gotten them to feed on chunks as the one i had would only feed on them live. You must be much more patient than me, lol.

T

travis

They won't ever eat crickets. I think they eat earthworms and other very soft slugs maybe but thats it.
I can say from personal experience they are the most delicate Ambystoma I've ever kept.
Travis

P

paris

here is the latest shot of them, the last one just morphed. this pic shows a new morph with the oldest one.
38028.jpg

E

ester

They look great. What size are they? Have you tried other soft food? Like red mosquito larvae, small slugs, woodlice?

Ester

P

paris

will, all are doing fine -the oldest one that is the really good eater is starting to show a sizable difference between it and all the rest. i have worm eggs in the set up so that when they hatch they will have small stuff handy, not all take to the worm chunks as well as that one-can get pics this holiday weekend perhaps.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!