Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Are these Taricha or Sliders?

J

jeff

Caught my Tarichas piling up to bask underneath the UV flourescent lamp yesterday. It caught my attention when I saw the "Two-Headed Beast" out of the corner of my eye.

48433.jpg

48434.jpg

48435.jpg

48436.jpg

C

carly

Great pics. That last one doesn't even look real. Looks like a sculpture of some kind.

J

joan

If it were a sculpture, I'd buy it! Who couldn't use more taricha around?
love.gif

P

pin-pin

Tarichas going *towards* a UV lamp?

You've got some might strange ones there Jeff. Wonderful pictures.

J

jeff

Yeah, they love to bask underneath the light. I must say it's a flourescent UV light, so it doesn't give off much in the way of heat.

ali

Reaction score
I'm with Pin-pin, mine run for the shadows of their log when I turn the light on. If I didn't, the poor plants would hate me though!

J

joan

Maybe they're just playing King of The Mountain (or queen, in this case).

TJ

Reaction score
I especially like the fourth pic -- all those Taricha eyes!

J

jeff

That is he-larious. I can't belive that last shot! It's a worms worst nightmare! How many are in the tank total? They are some real happy looking newts.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1