Pachytriton labiatus

N

nathalie

Hello, i have two pachytriton labiatus and I will like to know the difference between the male and the female. how are the eggs. How much is there? I'm sorry but i don't speak well english.
35088.jpg

Hi Nathalie.

Sorry but we can't allow cross-posting of the same message in two different discussion areas, so I've removed the other one.
I hope you'll find the answers to your questions here
wink.gif

If you're keeping a pair of them together, be prepared for some aggression between them. How long have you had them?

Somebody, don't P. labiatus males develop sheens on their tails or have tell-tale spots like P. brevipes do?

My males have developed a white stripe on the last 1/3 of their tails.

Un de mon pachytriton est devenu clair la soirée
pendant quelques jours. Des jours il y a ou celui va et d'autres
ou eux combattent. un pachytriton ont la cloaque gonflée
puisque quelques jours mais moi n'avons toujours pas des oeufs.
Merci. Je suis désolé pour la traduction.

One of my pachytriton has become clear the evening for a few days. Days ago or that goes and others or they fight . one pachytriton have swollen cloaca since a few days but I still do not have eggs. Thank you. I'm sorry for the translation.

Interesting thing there Jennifer: is there anyone on this forum who has ever bred and RAISED Pachytriton (I don't know of anyone overhere).

I haven't heard of anyone either breeding OR raising them in the US. I know one person who got eggs from newly-imported Pachys, but they never hatched. People often observe tail-waving, but it's hard to know if it's courtship or aggression. There is a rumor that they were bred in Europe, but I don't know any details.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back