Photos of the kids....arboreals at 2 years

P

paris

ok-before i post pics of the next gen, i decided to post some shots of my first batch, they are about 2 1/2 years old now and so far i have seen no bad sibling rivalry, sometime soon they will realize their gender roles and i will have to separate the males since those are prone to some bloody battles.

anyways here are some shots, first one is what i saw when i opened their tank
35913.jpg

the next is an independent shot of one-they have sort of excavated out tunnels under this log to live in
35914.jpg

here is one on my hand, they are very speckled
35915.jpg

unfortunately i wanted to get a group shot, but like most kids, getting them to sit still was like herding cats.......
35916.jpg

and this shot puts me in mind of an old kids game...anyone for 'barrel full of arboreals'?
35917.jpg

Awesome. Did yours growth suddenly take off at a certain point? I've noticed it in both a batch of WC hatchling and CB hatchlings I have. They seemed to linger at that 1in size then just took off.

RUSS

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back