E.cirrigerra/E.siren chenggongensis

dot

Reaction score
Country
United States
I noticed that one of my Eurycea is looking drastically different than the other two. If anyone can give me some insight, that'd be cool.

25824.jpg

What does everyone think?

(Message edited by dot on November 08, 2004)

Also, the smaller animal has a lump and I'm not quite sure what it is. These pics were taken a few minutes after it ate. (Both speckled animals ate, the big one didn't.)

25827.jpg

Dot, your drastically different animal is morphing. Congrats
smile.gif

The lump does appear to be a stomach bulge, nothing to worry about I don't think.

Russ --
The two speckled animals ate a few minutes prior to the pictures being taken, but the other one did not have a lump, which is why I was concerned. There was a bit of an indent on the other side, but if it's a stomach bulge like Nate said, then hopefully that'll take care of itself.

Nate --
Thanks! Hopefully now the other two will follow suit. As for the speckled ones - when it comes time for them to morph, will their headshapes be the same as the morphing one? Or does the rounded head mean it's male?

The headshapes will be the same. It'll take at least a few months before any secondary sexual characteristics show up.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back