New article describing a new Bolitoglossid.

E

edward

Greenbaum, 2004, A new species of Bolitoglossa (Amphibia: Caudata: Plethodontidae) from montane forests in Guatamala and El Salavadore, Journal of Herpetology, 38 (3): 411-421

Abstract " Previous molecular work on salamanders of the genus bolitoglossa recognized the "Magnadigita" clade which includes members of the Bolitoglossa dunni, Bolitoglossa franklini and Bolitoglossa rostrata species. One well-supported clade within the B. dunni group includes Bolitoglossa celaque, Bolitoglossa synoria, and an undescribed taxon from El Salvadore and Guatamala. I describe the last taxon as a new species based on published molecular evidence and morphological differences amoung closely related congeners. The new species is readily distinguished from B. celaque by dorsal coloration and from B. synoria by foot morphology."

By the way the new species is know as B. heiroreias.

Ed

Thanks Ed, too bad most of this genus is not readily available to work with.

Hey, I heard something about A.aeneus was going to be broken down into subs or something. Do you know if anything has been published?

RUSS

Hi Russ,
I have not seen it yet but it could end up published in a journal to which I do not have access.

Ed

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back