Yonahlossee, welleri, Red cheeked Plethodon jordani ...

H

henk

I am currently in Tennesee with Roger Rosscoe and Kurtz Russel(flew over from Europe) and we are wanting to locate some populations of red -cheeked or red legged Plethodont jordani , p. welleri or p. yonahlossee(observation and photographing only)

If there is anybody which could help us with personal observations , please feel free to help us , since all the official localities we checked haven t worked out so far and I will soon need to start thinking about getting bqck to Europe.

You can safely send out info on my hotmail.com email : henk_wallays@hotmail.com

Your help is greatly appreciated

Henk, due to our extended winter you're probably just going to be out of luck with the terrestrial Plethodontids this week. I recommend trying Grandfather Mountain near Linville, NC for seeing yonahlossee and jordani, though it is probably still too cold.

We're here and trying today. Yesterday we've hit Pigeon mountain... guess what ze found and photographed

Anyway thanks for the help

Congratulations!!!
Don't forget to post some pics!!!
Best wishes

Well we didn't see yonahlossee (they'll haunt my nightmares for ever from now on) but we did manage to see 21 species in the whole trip along lots of other stuff ... so I don't think we can complain at all...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back