Picture!

J

jeff

49207.jpg

Maybe it's the picture but I don't see the orange dots; are you sure this is waltl and not nebulosus?

Could you take some extra pictures? And then maybe Henk or Serge could give their opinion as well. They seem to know quite a bit about pleurodeles subspecies.

I belive it is waltl, also you could ask paris,I'm sure she could tell you..

~John

well i got them from paris so I assume she knows what she is talking about
rofl.gif

parents were over 7" long, and aunts and uncles are the same-these originally came off the pet trade from petco -no less- labled 'crested newts', im not sure if nebulosus are even offered over here in the us.....

I notice I should catch up with my reading again, I seem to forget a lot lately. Can't recall the distinctions between waltl, poireti and nebulosus.

Still, I can't see the orange/brownish dots. Is that the picture quality or are they missing?

it may be the picture quality, I am having a real hard time getting good shots of them, I have 1 picture turn out of 20 today, definatly not happy(girrr). I find that geting a source of light to take a picture with no flash has proved to be really hard, but I am going to try again tonight. I fed them some blackworms I just go today, the little guys went into a feirce feeding frenzy, arms were bittin and squeeks were heard!

Yes!! this is a good one!!
49487.jpg

49488.jpg

where is that last blackworm??? These guys are cute, almost as cute as a taricha.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back