Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Blind Tiger?

H

haley

Just as the title implies..

My tiger has had his eyes closed for some time, but he still gets around the tank alright. The light in my room isn't very bright, and the other one keeps his eyes open constantly. If he is blind, it could explain why he doesn't snap at things, just smells them and then attacks.

It was just a thought. I also heard something of a possible eye infection, but I think his eyes look pretty clear when he opens them.

He's still eating, and even walks around throughout the day, but when he does open his eyes, it's just barely. Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks!

bookwyrm2010

Reaction score
I have the same problem, but my Tiger's eyes have gone blue, and I have to touch him with his food for him to eat or wiggle it so that he can sense the vibrations. Sorry I can't help with your problem, but maybe someone has a solution for both of us.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1