Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Paramesotriton hongkongensis?

E

ester

Is this paramesotriton honkongensis?
64754.jpg

64755.jpg

64756.jpg

A very skinny petstore rescue called triton chinensis in their books.
I'll add a belly shot soon.

P

paris

yep, he doesnt look too bad though-i bet he can put on weight well.

J

jennifer

You need to post up that belly shot, Ester. I thought it was hongkongensis until I saw the belly shot you posted in the chat. Then I wasn't so sure.

E

ester

This animal has deteriorated quickly in the space of one week. The animal started to refuse food and developed a hint of a sore. Within days the sore became more pronounced and another sore appeared on its leg. The rest of his skin has developed this melting look to it as well.
65119.jpg

I bought some antibiotics and started him on it yesterday. His liveliness has certainly increased since, but he's still refusing food. Given how thin he was to start with, and how extremely thin he is now, I don't think he can survive without food much longer. I don't want to force feed him because the sheer stress of it might tip him over the edge (if he isn't over the edge already). I'll be tempting him again with worm chunks and a wax worm.
65120.jpg

I

ingo

Hello Easter,

I`m sorry for that case.
But last year i got 5 Paramesotriton hongkongensis wc.
And after some few days it started the same illness.
I think it is "Molchpest".
Because it runs very fast till 4 of the 5 died quickly.
In my opinion there is no way to cure it.

Greetings Ingo V.

jef

Reaction score
did you buy them at the fair in nijmegen?I bought 2 of them.a few days ago I heard somebody call it cf deloustali.I'm having problems with my wc chinensis too,I'm currently treating them with baytrill 10%.giving them a dayly bath of 10-15min,so far I had no luck with this treatment.hope you pull him through.

E

ester

Nope, pet store in Eindhoven, kind of a rescue as they looked terrible in the store already.
I am using colistin-sulfate 4% diluted to a concentration of 2000 IE per ml. I bath this one twice a day for about 20 minutes. I've had some good experience with it in the past.

J

jennifer

I've seen emaciated Paramesos get better, but they were still willing to eat. This one isn't looking good. Good luck!
sick.gif

tony

Reaction score
poor thing!!!
i was out of the newt game for a while but was surpirsed to see many warty newts for sale in shops around here.
i was totally set on buying a shanjin this year advertised by a local shop, and now have a s.s teretisirs fire sal but temporally rescued what i believe to be fuzhoung warties in bad health. unfortunealty they were housed with FBTs, FBNs, and taricha g's at the petshop(some were floating dead in the tank). i bought them for $8.99 with open wounds and despite my best efforts didn't live more than a month. the pics you have posted looked like this aniaml was done from day one and i admire your devote to rescue it, best of luck

I

ingo

Hello ester,

at my animals it also began with lokal infections.
First i saw small holes.
But very soon the legs and feet began to shrink.

Here are two pics:

65199.jpg

65200.jpg

The deterioration of this illness was very quick.

I`m sorry for that, but in my opinion there is just a small chance for rescue.

I wish you good luck.

Greetings Ingo V.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!