Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Honkongensis breeding time again

J

juraj

This year batch
29932.jpg

29933.jpg

29934.jpg

J

jarid

Great pics. =) I will never get over how cool Paramesotriton larvae look! Congrats.

J

jennifer

Congratulations, Juraj! They are just amazing (unusual) looking embryos and larvae. For how many years have you succeeded in breeding P. hongkongensis?

TJ

Reaction score
I just love those "pandas"!

Congrats on the eggs
biggrin.gif

I hope you have better success with them once they morph than I did.

Do keep us updated ;)

J

jarid

Yours were the larvae that got me hooked on paramesotriton larvae tim. heh I used to look at those pictures all the time. I love their gills and overall color. Too bad all newts don't look so cool as babies.heh

M

mark

Nice, I recently had a batch of eggs too, here is the picture, they still haven't hatched yet.

31063.jpg

TJ

Reaction score
Great job and nice pics
biggrin.gif

Too bad the one is the pic just above this post is starting to lose that splendid panda-like look. I wish they would just stay that way.

Maybe I'll try to breed my Paramesotriton this year...

(Message edited by tj on May 28, 2006)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1