Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Paramesotriton fuzhongensis help

W

william

Hi guys recently I bought online from www.reptilecity.com(which I will never do again)I purchased what I new to be from the picture to be a cynops orientalis , but when they arrived today they turned out to be Paramesotriton fuzhongensis
errr.gif
can anyone tell me the care for this species. Thanks.

leo

Reaction score
I have got 4 of these.they need a bit of land where they can crawl onto.you can feed them on meal worms,blood worms,crickets most foods.they like a lot of hiding places and the males become aggressive to each other in the breeding season.the temperature of the water shoudnt be very high mine is on 10 c.you dont have to have a very powerful filter system but you should have one.thats about as much as I know try this link to find out more-http://www.livingunderworld.org/caudata/database/salamandridae/paramesotriton/

W

william

Thanks Leo.
happy.gif
Also how big do they get and could you post or send me some pics of your setup?

(Message edited by wishz1 on February 27, 2005)

B

benjamin

they are about 5-7 inches. Might I add that they can be very agressive outside the breeding season and that both males and females will attack eachother.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1